NEXT PLANNING MEETING WILL BE OUT ON THE GREEN SPACE
THIS THURSDAY 23RD JUNE FROM 6PM.
Hi Elmfielders, just a few weeks to go now until the annual event. Here’s some stuff you might like to know about the plans so far:
The road is closed to through traffic from 12 noon to midnight on July 16th 2022. There will be ‘road closed’ barriers at either end of the road. Please move any vehicles away from the middle part of the road where the event is held to allow us all to enjoy the central space.
Party setup and take-down.
Construction begins on Friday with Gazebos going up; Bunting and decoration being set-up on Saturday morning. Take-down and tidy-up will be Sunday. Come out and help if you can.
There will be a licensed bar from 2pm–11pm, with both card and cash payments taken. The bar will be staffed via a rota system – let us know in advance if you can do a shift on the rota (see other side)
Please bring out food to share if you can but don’t worry if you can’t. Best to stagger what you bring out over the day if the weather is hot. Compostable plates and dishes will be provided.
- Bake Off: No theme this year. Two categories (up-to-14; and 14-and-over). Prizes will be announced soon. Bring out your entries for judging at 3pm.
- Best Front Garden: will be judged in secret. Winner announced around 7pm. Prize is the Elmfield ‘trophy’ and hopefully some “gardening” vouchers.
- Raffle (tbc- we have some ideas on prize presentation, watch this space)
- Games: Kids and adult games start around 3pm. Games include Pantomime Horse Race, Beer Goggles Race, Space Hopper Races, Sack Race, Egg and Spoon, Elmfield v The World tug of war, etc etc
- Games medals for kids awarded around 6-7pm.
- DJ TBX (Bex) playing from 8pm – 11pm
More events may be arranged yet:
- Check out the Road’s blog: elmfieldroad.wordpress.com
- Ask: Your neighbours or Roy and Nicky if you see them
- WhatsApp: to be added, ask Chris, Roy or Sue
- Email: https://www.freelists.org/list/elmfieldroad
Music U Like?
Please drop any music / tracks you’d like played on the sound system and we will either get them played during the afternoon or as part of DJ BEX’ set in the evening. Jot them down here or on a separate piece of paper and return to Roy #51
|Song/Track & Artist (if known)|
Add your name here, or on a separate piece of paper and return to Roy at #51
|Are you able to do a shift on the bar (typically 1 or 2 hours). Drop your name/house number here|
|Afternoon (2PM to 6PM)? Evening (6PM to 11PM)?|